In light of the recent developments concerning the Covid-19 pandemic we have closed the saleroom and taken the decision to postpone future auctions until further notice. We hope things get back to normal but until then regular updates will be posted on our website, Facebook and Instagram. Thank you for your support in keeping everyone safe.
Welcome to Franklin Browns Auctioneers & Valuers.
We are an Independent Edinburgh based Auction House and we pride ourselves on our ability to provide an honest, professional and efficient service where customer satisfaction is our core principle.
Visit us on
Facebook and Instagram
Our Next Sale
Antiques & Interiors Sale
Saturday 14th March 2020 at 10.30am
Sale on line now
'Under the Hammer'
- LOT 2 Edwardian Scottish hardstone and silver anchor brooch, Birmingham 1906, together with another (2) - Estimate £40/60
- LOT 18. Silver framed cameo brooch and four hardstone brooches, etc. (7) - Estimate £30/50
- LOT 38. Pair of Victorian silver menu card stands / holders, Hamilton & Inches, Edinburgh 1894 - Estimate £70/100
- LOT 55. Meissen style porcelain and gilt white metal patch box - Estimate £100/150
- LOT 63. Pair of George III silver gilt boat shaped salts, William Abdy I, London 1788 - Estimate £80/120
- LOT 71. Maureen Minchin (b.1954), studio pottery jug - Estimate £70/100
- LOT 78. Carlton Ware Rouge Royale 'Spiders Web' patterned vase - Estimate £50/70
- LOT 85. Marjery Clinton (1931-2005), two black and lustre glazed vases - Estimate £60/80
- LOT 148. Pair of early 20th century Arts & Crafts barley twist candlesticks with metal sconces - Estimate £70/100
- LOT 172. Fred Stott 'View of Princes Street from Calton Hill, Edinburgh' Watercolour, Signed - Estimate £100/150
- LOT 175. Donald M Shearer 'Wooded Landscape Oil-on-Board Signed - Estimate £200/300
- LOT 185. Oscar Droege 'Cows' Woodblock Print - Estimate £40/60
- LOT 217. Art Deco oak Grandmother clock - Estimate £70/100
- LOT 230. Victorian oak Gothic Revival library table with Constantine & Co of Leeds label - Estimate £200/400
At Franklin Browns we are committed to helping local charities and we are pleased to offer a 0% commission service to all Registered Charities who wish to enter items for any forthcoming sale.
Click here to join us in Collector's Corner our online blog where from time to time you will find articles and information on just some of the many interesting items which will pass through our doors.
As all of our auction sales offer live online bidding we really do provide the ideal platform for the sale of your antiques and collectables opening them up to a global audience with often quite outstanding results.
- Major JTD Durbin of the Gordon Highlanders medal group - Sold for £1150
- Great War and later Medal Group - £560
- Gents Rolex Oyster Speedking Precision wristwatch - Sold for £940
- Mahogany breakfront library bookcase - Sold for £1,500
- Suite of Edinburgh Crystal Thistle etched pattern - Sold for £2,200
- 19th century Boot Jack - Sold for £480
- 19th century Hall Bench - Sold for £520
- 19th century Skeleton Clock - Sold for £800
- Black forest Chess Set - Sold for £1,850
- Flight Barr & Barr Pot Pourri Jars - Sold for £3,650
- Georgian chest on chest - Sold for £460
- German Naval Binoculars sold for £640
- German Naval binoculars - Sold for £1,350
- Hearts Season Tickets - Sold for £540
- Liberty Silver Spoons - Sold for £500
- Pharmacy Jars - Sold for £280
- Rabbie Burns Plaster Figure - Sold for £220
- Royal Worcester Teaset - Sold for £520
- Sheraton style Chairs - Sold for £700
- Vintage Hornby - Sold for £460
- Whytock & Reid Desk - Sold for £600
- 19th century Alphabet Sampler worked by J.Thatcher, 1871 - Sold for £640
- Coalbrookdale Iron Garden Bench - Sold for £2,250
- Cello, John W Owens, Leeds, 1917 - Sold for £3150
- Victorian blue enamelled and five stone opal set crucifix pendant - Sold for £660
- Hamilton & Inches Diamond Set Pendant - Sold for £1500
- 9ct Gold Fancy Link Long Chain Necklace - Sold for £680
- Scottish Mahogany Longcase Clock, inscribed James Howden, Edinburgh, circa 1800 - Sold for £720
- Late 19th century past set necklace, Mrs Newman of Saville Row - Sold for £1300
- Great War and later Medal group - Sold for £560
Site updated 27th March 2020